Free Product Samples and Its Impact on Impulse Buying

Imasari, Kartika and Setyawan, Surya (2016) Free Product Samples and Its Impact on Impulse Buying. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14 (14). pp. 477-483. ISSN 0972-7302

13. Free Product Samples.pdf - Published Version

Download (496Kb) | Preview


One of the company’s strategy in introducing products especially new products or products that have not been widely known through free product samples. Through free product samples, consumers are expected to be willing to use and buy the product so that ultimately the company can achieve a large market share. However, the achievement was not easy, especially if consumers do not have awareness on the presence of such products. Therefore, the company tried to giving free samples of the product to push a unplanned purchases so that little by little awareness of the product can begin to be formed in the minds of consumers and in the end the product is acceptable and has a large market share. This study took a sample of 100 respondents in which the respondents are a society in Bandung have ever get free product samples. The results are found the impact of free product samples toward impulse buying was 16.3% while the remaining 83.7% is influenced by other factors.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Free product samples, impulse buying.
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > HD28 Management. Industrial Management
Depositing User: Perpustakaan Maranatha
Date Deposited: 10 Feb 2017 02:38
Last Modified: 10 Feb 2017 02:38

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item